header logo

Choose a language for this website

Open Mobile Menu

Supplemental Security Income for Elders 65+

Entrants over 65 years of age or individuals who qualify as disabled under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) should qualify for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) once they have a Social Security number and card assigned. There are several Social Security Administration offices in Rhode Island which can be searched for at: https://www.ssa.gov/boston/RI.htm and the main website is https://www.ssa.gov/ Russian language is offered on the site as well as by phone: 800-772-1213.

Humanitarian Parolees do not get SSI right away. They must reside in the US for a period of at least a year to receive SSI

From the SSA Website: 3. Paroled into the U.S. under Section 212(d)(5) of the INA for a period of at least one year; https://www.ssa.gov/ssi/text-eligibility-ussi.htm#qualified-alien